Trinity United Church Beamsville is seeking to fill the 6 hour per week position of Children and Youth Leader.
This position requires:
- Previous experience working with children and youth in Christian spiritual formation
- Comfort in working with all ages in a group environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with others
- A knowledge of the ethos of The United Church of Canada
- Related post secondary education is an asset
Detailed position description can be viewed below
The successful candidate will be required to provide a vulnerable sector screening.
Resumes will be accepted until August 31, 2019. Email to email@example.com or apply through Indeed.com
Created: July 15, 2019
Position Title: Children and Youth Leader
Is responsible for the care and coordination of the children/youth programming. As such, the Children/Youth Leader will interact with children, youth, parents, the congregation, ministerial and lay staff of Trinity United Church, Beamsville, Ontario
- Is responsible and accountable to the Minister, Faith Formation, and to the Congregation through the Ministry & Personnel Committee and Trinity United Church Council.
- Will carry out priorities set out by the Faith Formation Committee in the areas of Sunday morning children/youth programming.
- Adhere to Trinity United Church and The United Church of Canada’s policies and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working in conjunction with the Minister to build connections between Sunday morning worship and children/youth programming.
- Maintain accurate children’s church and youth group records i.e. attendance, age groups and finances.
- Report to and works cooperatively with the Faith Formation Committee and Christian Development to carry out the ministry and mission of Trinity United Church in the areas of children/youth ministry.
- Attend Christian Development meetings as needed.
- Work with the Minister, Faith Formation and Christian Development to determine curriculum and other resources then obtain and maintain curriculum & resources.
- Recruit and support volunteer teachers/leaders.
- Schedule volunteer teachers/leaders and be part of the rotation. Also to be prepared to fill in at short notice in the case of illness/absence of volunteer.
- Work with the Minister, Faith Formation and Christian Development to develop and provide youth programming.
- Provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening from their local Police Service.
- Possess the ability to be flexible with hours as required.
- Remuneration is based on 6 hours per week.
- $21.00 per hour as recorded on time sheet each month to Administrative Assistant and approved by Ministry & Personnel
- This staff position does not include benefits ie: Medical or Pension
- Time off is to be submitted via the Time Off Request for to Ministry & Personnel Committee for approval.
- Overtime must be pre-approved and documented and compensating time will be mutually agreed upon by the Ministry & Personnel Committee.